Mozilla Firefox (originally named Phoenix and then for a moment known as Mozilla Firebird) is a cross-platform web browser for free which was developed by the Mozilla Foundation and hundreds of volunteers. Version 3.0 was released on June 17, 2008.
Before the release of its version 1.0 on November 9, 2004, Firefox has gained a very good reception from the media, including Forbes and the Wall Street Journal.   With more than 5 million downloads in the first 12 days of its release, and 6 million to 24 November 2004, Firefox 1.0 is one of the free software, open-source (open source) is the most widely used among home users . 
Through Firefox, the Mozilla Foundation aims to develop a small web browser, fast, simple, and so could be developed (apart from the Mozilla Suite is the larger). Firefox has become the main focus of the Mozilla development along with the e-mail client Mozilla Thunderbird, and has replaced the Mozilla Suite as the official release of the Mozilla Foundation’s browser.
Among the popular features of Firefox is a pop-up blocker already installed in it, and a development mechanism (extension) to add additional functionality. Although these features are already available for a while in the other browsers such as Mozilla Suite and Opera, Firefox is the first browser to gain acceptance in this magnitude. Firefox is targeted to receive about 10% market share of Microsoft Internet Explorer output (the most popular browser with a large margin (per 2004) until the year 2005, which has been called by many as the year the return of the browser wars. 
Firefox has gained attention as an alternative to Internet Explorer since the Explorer has been criticized because of accusations ketidakamanannya-parties who agree on this assumption says Explorer does not follow Web standards, using ActiveX components are often dangerous, and its weakness against the installation of spyware and malware-and the lack of features Firefox users are considered important.  Microsoft itself has responded that they did not consider if the issues concerning the security and features of Explorer to worry about. 
Table of contents
* 1 Events
* 2 See also
* 3 Reference
* 4 Footer
* Version 3.0, which was launched on June 17, 2008 is the first version that supports interface Indonesian.
* Mozilla Firefox Download Tap Figures 1 Billion 
* Netscape Navigator, Mozilla Firefox browser was initiated based on this browser.
* Internet Explorer browser with the most current user.
* Opera, the browser multiplatform from the personal computer to a PDA which is light and fast.
* Goodger, Ben. (2004). Mozilla Firefox Development Charter. Retrieved September 22, 2004.
* Keating, Wick. (2004). Open source: Swimming with the tide. In Consultants’ Briefing. Retrieved January 8, 2004.
1. ^ Releases / Priority Ranking. MozillaWiki. Retrieved on 21 September 2009
2. ^ Mozilla Firefox code analysis. Ohloh. Retrieved on 2 April 2010 Archived from http://www.ohloh.net/p/firefox/analyses/latestpada 2010-04-02
4. ^ Firefox uses an “html.css” stylesheet for the default rendering styles. Davidwalsh.name. Retrieved on December 19, 2009
5. ^ The Firefox addon, Stylish takes advantage of Firefox’s CSS rendering is to change the appearance of Firefox. Userstyles.org. Retrieved on December 19, 2009
6. ^ http://www.forbes.com/2004/09/29/cx_ah_0929tentech.html?partner=tentech_newsletter
7. ^ Http://ptech.wsj.com/archive/ptech-20040916.html
8. ^ http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=node/view/6581
9. ^ Http://news.com.com/Firefox+aims+for+10+percent+of+Web+surfers/2100-1032_3-5425918.html?tag=nefd.pop
10. ^ 
11. ^ http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/0, 39023165,39166227,00. Htm.
12. 0.127739 http://www.pcworld.com/article/id ^-c, mozilla / article.html
13. ^ Http://digg.com/people/Mozilla_Firefox_Sentuh_Angka_Download_1_Miliar_1_Billion