Tag Archives: QSC
DCA 4 Channel Series
The latest advances in sound system technology such as Dolby Digital Surround-EX and tri-amplification require more amplifier channels than ever before. That’s why we designed our newest DCA amplifiers to give you four channels of power in a compact package that doesn’t eat up precious rack space. And, compared to the cost of two stereo amplifiers, you’ll find they leave more room in your budget as well. In addition to their superior performance we’ve packed these amps with useful features designed specifically for the cinema market.
With PowerLight® technology, DCA amplifiers take your soundtracks to a whole new level. Not only does it give your music bigger bass and cleaner highs, PowerLight also cuts wasted heat and boosts reliability. PowerLight is a switching power supply that provides ample current to the audio power circuitry by charging the supply rails 230,000 times a second through an ultra-low impedance circuit, so unlike high- powered amps with conventional supplies, the audio signal is never starved prematurely, but remains crisp and clean. It virtually eliminates hum and greatly reduces noise, providing a vast dynamic range that can handle the most demanding digital soundtracks without running out of headroom. DCA Series amps also boast a set of useful features such as individually selectable clip limiters and subsonic filters; and stereo, parallel, and bridged mono operation.
- The DCA 1824 is ideal for surround channels – each channel can power up to four 8 ohms speakers in parallel for a total of up to 16 speakers.
- The DCA 1644 is perfect for powering screen channels in small to medium theatres, or for powering mids and highs in tri-amp systems for larger theatres.
- DCAs are equipped with a DataPort for use with QSC DCM-Digital Cinema Monitors, a total system solution that greatly reduces labor & wiring costs.
- Compact size (2-RU, 14″ deep) ideal for use in console-mounted sound systems
- All models only 21 lbs. for easier racking and shipping.
- Active Inrush Limiting won’t blow circuit breakers at turn-on.
- Gain control security cover protects amp from misadjustment.
- 3 year warranty plus optional 3 year extended service contract!