Graphic Equalizer/Limiter with Type III™
It’s amazing. One little button. So much effect. dbx® Type III® Noise Reduction is an entirely new concept… virtually instantaneous encode/decode within the circuitry of the box. We started out to build the finest EQs possible, boxes with the heritage and performance to rival our famous 30 Series EQs. And to no one’s surprise they came out awfully darn good. (Ask to see the Audio Precision plots compared to the competition.) But then, Roger (our chief engineer, a nice guy, as far as engineers go) got the crazy idea of putting this new noise reduction stuff in the box. We listened to it and were amazed. The EQs sounded great without it but with it the performance was nothing short of incredible. Check it out yourself and see.
But hey, Roger wasn’t about to stop there. PeakPlus® Limiter. Who knows more about limiting than the folks at dbx; nobody… that’s who. So when the guys were developing this new series of EQs they wanted something that would be unique to these EQs. That’s when Roger got another one of his bright ideas and said “I bet they’ll work a lot better if there’s a cool limiter built in.” Next thing you know, all the guys are in the studio amazed at the new limiter Roger had designed specially for the 20 Series. Once again, hearing is believing… With a threshold range of 0dbu to plus 20dbu, the patent-pending PeakPlus limiter is designed to tame your program material from the subtlest nuances to the rowdiest hits. Also, the four stage LED ladder gives you a great visual indication as to what the limiter is doing.
20 Series EQs. You used to have to settle for second best in a reasonably priced EQ but not any more. With the new 20 Series from dbx® Professional Products you get a great EQ circuit, a graceful yet powerful limiter and the revolutionary new design of the Type III Noise Reduction. Check out the dbx 20 Series graphic EQs at your pro audio outfitter. You’ll see, with the 20 Series EQs you get MORE!!!
- Revolutionary instant encode/decode Type III® Noise Reduction in-circuit at the push of a button. Increases S/N ratio by up to 20dB
- Patent-pending PeakPlus® Limiter threshold range from 0dBu to +24dBu (off) can transparently tame the wildest hits or the subtlest nuances of any signal
- An extremely high quality EQ, patent-pending Type III Noise Reduciton, and the elegant new PeakPlus Limiter all in one great sounding box
- Four segment LED bargraph for BOTH Gain Reduction AND Output Level offers the most comprehensive visual feedback available
- Status LEDs offer visual feedback for all settings on the front panel